Monday, October 5, 2015

Perfectly Wesley

There are no words
That you or I can say
To describe this pain
To make it go away

There are no people
No one of this earth
That knows exactly how I feel
That knows exactly how I hurt

No medicine, no doctor or drug
Can heal a mother's heart
My child I can no longer hug
From this world did he depart

No air could satisfy my lungs
As my heart was strangled in my chest
Begging for this reality to be undone
Was like the sun rising from the west

Dark waters of disbelief filled my womb
And it consumed my body whole
Drowning within this darkened tomb
There was no reviving this soul

Emmersed in still black waters freezing
My blood slowed to its darkest blue
Lips once full like the lushest green
Now trembled in its faded hue

Behold a whisper divided this sea
Pierced it with a needle of light
"I know how you feel. Trust in me."
The words spoken of Jesus Christ

"Love me for I love you,"
His spirit so clearly said
"Follow me and I will guide you
Turn to me your head

"Open to me your ears,
Brighten for me your heart,
Trade my love for your twinkling tears
For I will make them into stars

"Sweet mother your lamb rests with me
In mine own arms he sleeps
I love him as you do, my child
I am the shepard to my sheep

"Trust in me for I do promise
My words proclaim my love
I will guide you to peace and solace
Eternity in my kingdom above."

I cried, "Father, my arms are empty."
He replied, "Daughter, you are not alone
Families can be together forever
And embrace eternally in my home."

These are the glorious words
The words that weakened my fears
That brightened up my broken heart
Like the stars made of my tears

He warmed my freezing fingertips
As I said I will follow thee
When comfort eased my shaking lips
God said, "That was Wesley."

Oh my son, my love be still
Thank you for showing me the way
Your purpose on earth fulfilled
The Lord will not lead me astray

Now there is but one word
Our Heavenly Father has made it so
He made you perfect as you entered
He knew you'd be perfect when you go

Our family will be perfectly eternal
Our father perfectly promised me
My son you are perfectly beautiful
You are Perfectly Wesley

For my son Wes
Love, Mommy




















No comments:

Post a Comment