Wednesday, November 4, 2015

First Halloween




My husband and I knew that Halloween was going to be hard. All the upcoming holidays actually are going to be hard. When we went to the pumpkin patch in the beginning of October I remembered that last year I was pregnant and I said the next time we come here we'll have the baby with us! It was hard to remember that and not be able to experience the pumpkin patch with Wesley.  When Halloween day finally came around my husband was the first one to break down. We had gotten into a little argument because he was just grumpy all day. When I finally called him on it he told me he was really missing our son. I completely understood. I wanted to dress our son up, I wanted to look for costumes...Kekoa wanted to be Mario and his little brother to be Luigi, lol.

Kekoa was Venom for Halloween and I painted my a sugar skull on my face. In honor of the Day of the Dead because my son will always be remembered.




I couldn't resist doing a photo edit of my son in a costume. I fell in love with it! Some people probably would think it's weird that I did that but I still wanted to see my son in a costume and include him on our Halloween escapade.



I'm so glad that I did. It's exactly how I picture my son in Heaven. I wanted to print it and take to Kinko's to get laminated and wear it on a laniard so Wesley could go trick-or-treating with us.  But instead I posted it on Facebook. I didn't know how people were going to react but I didn't care. My son is still and always be a part of my life in everything that I do.

Now I want to create one every year for Halloween to see all the little costumes Wesley could be wearing in Heaven. I love you my little Elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment